Based in New York, USA
Ninja Tag is a twitchy stealth brawler where 2 to 4 players compete to be the ninjaest ninja. Armed with crossbows or swords, each ninja lurks in the dark for unexpected backstabbing or zips around the map to strike opponents before they can react. Quick reflexes and a keen eye will tell where your enemies hide and ensure you live long enough to take them out.
Ninja Tag's development was inspired by local multiplayer stealth games like Hidden in Plain Sight and Luigi's Ghost Mansion minigame (Nintendo Land). My goal with Ninja Tag is to create a competitive game where juggling hidden information is key to assassinating your opponents. I want players to deceive their opponents and strike them down moments after they realize the ruse. From the arena layout to the ninja's various abilities, Ninja Tag was tuned to give players the sensation of becoming a master ninja by manipulating visual information through the environment and performing surprising assassinations.
- Single-screen stealth brawler game: sneak around right under everyone's noses and execute head-rolling backstabs
- Yell-inducing twitch mechanics: Move like a ninja and attack switfly, or become the prey. Being within elbowing distance to your friends is highly encouraged!
- Trick and outsmart: Teleport around the map (or fake it), become invisible at will, plan your ambushes. It's all about striking your opponents before they can react.
- Bring a knife to a gunfight: Beat the odds in the ultimate showdown between an crossbow-armed ninja and a sword-bearing one. Fast reflexes and keen eyes are the deciding factors of pure ninja combat.
Gameplay trailer (July 2015) YouTube
Master Assassin Mode - 4 player match YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAX 10 Official Selection" Pax Prime, Seattle, 2015
- "Excellence in Competitive Gameplay." RPI's GameFest, New York, 2015
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Ninja Tag's twitter
Follow us at twitter.com.
About Leandro Ribeiro
Game designer from Brazil currently based in New York. He has a BS in Economics from the University of São Paulo and a MFA in Game Design from the NYU Game Center. He also is on his way to become a ninja wizard, but that’s a secret!
More information on Leandro Ribeiro, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ninja Tag Credits